Distribution Channels Analysis and Insight
Distribution channels are an important dynamic when evaluating current and future trends within the communications market. Vendors can build their solutions based on customer and market requirements, but finding the correct route to market is critical for short and long term success.
Within the enterprise market there has been a growing trend away from direct sales to customers towards channel based sales. However, despite this in many territories direct sales remains significant notably for contact centre and large and more complex solutions. The mix of 1 tier and 2 tier channel significance varies considerably by country. Incumbent service providers, ISPs and network operators remain a significant channel for communications solutions and with the growing trend towards SIP based services are a key channel for the growing availability and progression of cloud based services.
MZA’s coverage of distribution channel dynamics falls into two categories:
- Ongoing Services coverage
- Custom Consulting coverage
Within MZA’s ongoing service the Distribution Modules for each region globally and 8 key countries in Europe discuss the following topics:
- Who are the major service providers in each territory and what routes to market are they deploying?
- Who are the key vendor partners for each of the leading service providers?
- Who are the major new network operators active and what relationships do they have with the leading vendors?
- Which vendors are still deploying direct sales and how significant is this part of their business?
- Who are the leading 2 tier distributors active in each territory and what is their portfolio?
- Who are the leading 1 tier resellers and system integrators active in each territory and how is their position evolving?
- What routes to market are deployed by each of the leading vendors?
- What share of total demand do service providers account for?
- What share of total demand does direct sales account for and how is this share evolving?
Furthermore within MZA’s Communications Platforms and Contact Centre analysis services insight within the analysis provides guidance on proportion of sales sold through each key type of distribution channel participant in the 8 major countries in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Belgium).
Custom Consulting Services
MZA’s coverage of distribution channels within our “Ongoing Services” is augmented by our portfolio of custom consulting services in this area.
Examples of projects undertaken in the field of distribution channel analysis include:
- Identification of the leading communications platform vendors top 5 reseller partners in key European countries
- Profiling the major distributors of communications equipment and services in France and Germany
- Analysis of key reseller revenues by product line and vendor partner